Sunday, April 26, 2009

Psycho (1960)


Norman Bates: "Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!"





Psycho is a famous horor movie, directed by the famous, Alfred Hitchcock. Psycho is not as bloody as the horor movies that we have in the 21st century, but we can see that many of the movies have something in common, or from Psycho.


Psycho is about a woman who stole $40,000 from her employer's client. She ran away and end up in a small hotel. She met the owner, it seems like everything was fine until someone killed her in the shower. Her boyfriend and sister were looking for her, and made a scary discover.


The main actors are:
Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates
Vera Miles as Lila Crane
John Gavin as Sam Loomis
Martin Balsam as Milton Arbogast


My personnal rating: I would give ***. I do not really like psycho, first of all because it is in black and white. The music is really anoying and I don't think that it fits good with the movie. I also think that some of the scenes, like in gone with the wind like unreal. When The woman is stabbed in the shower, the murder stabbed her a lot of time, but there is no blood in the bath tube. But like Gone With The Wind, I we have to judge the movie from the time it has been published. I do think that for a almost 50 years ago movie, some of the scenes look good. Like I said before many "today's movies" have been inspired by Psycho. The movie was nominated for 4 Oscars obtained 5 wins and 3 nominations.



My rating scale:

*The movie was really bad **The movie was bad ***The movie was ok ****The movie was good *****The movie was really good


Sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/quotes


Norman Bates: "Hey'll come now, mother! He came after the girl, and now someone will come after him. Please mother, it's just for a few days, just for a few days so they won't find you! "





1 comment:

  1. Well, i gotta say I really like this blog!
    The picture is really shocking haha but really funny. :)
    Good job, Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete