Monday, April 27, 2009

The Graduate (1968) & Rumor Has It (2005)

Room Clerk: "Are you here for an affair, sir?"

The Graduate is a humor movie that was published in 1968. It was directed by Mike Nichols. In 2005, Rob Reiner produced Rumor Has It, that is like the continuation of The Graduate.

In the Graduate, Ben Braddock who just graduate from college, has an affair with Mrs. Robinson who is his parents friend. Then he fell in love with his lover's daughter and wants to marry her.

Rumor has it, is about a woman who finds out that her family inspired the movie the Graduate. She cheats on her husband to find out the truth about her mother and grand-mother.

The Graduate main characters are:
Anne Bancroft as Mrs. Robinson
Dustin Hoffman as Ben Braddock
Katharine Ross as Elaine Robinson
William Daniels as Mr. Braddock

Rumor has it main characters are:
Jennifer Aniston as Sarah Huttinger
Kevin Costner as Beau Burroughs
Shirley MacLaine as Katharine Richelieu
Mark Ruffalo as Jeff Daly

My personal rating: I would give **** to the Graduate and *** to Rumor has it. I really liked the Graduate. Ben makes the movie, he is really awkard and it makes the movie funny. He also says a lot of funny quotes. I like Mrs. Robinson, she has a funny personality. The movie is not too long like the others we watched before and the story is more entraitaining. I like the Graduate better and I think it is because of Dustin Hoffman he is really funny. Rumor has it is more confusing, at the beginning it is hard to understand who is who and the link with the Graduate.

My rating scale:
*The movie was really bad
**The movie was bad
***The movie was ok
****The movie was good
*****The movie was really good

Sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398375/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/

Sarah: "I didn't come here to tell you that I can't live without you. I can live without you. I just don't want to. "

No comments:

Post a Comment