
Rhett Butler: "Take a good look my dear. It's an historic moment you can tell your grandchildren about - how you watched the Old South fall one night."
Gone With The Wind is consider as drama-romance .The movie was adapted from Margaret Mitchell's novel. The novel was published in 1936 and the movie came three years later, in 1939.Gone with the wind is also consider as an epic movie, set in the South of the United States, during the civil war. The story is mostly tell by a white southern point.
The main actors are: Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara
Clark Gable as Rhett Butler
Leslie Howard as Asheley Wilkes
Olivia de Havilland as Melanie Hamilton
Hattie Mcdaniel as Mammy
My personnal opinion: I would give **. I did not really like the movie. It is really long, 3 hours and 39 minutes, and there is not a lot of actions that is happening during the movie.
I also think that some scenes look unreal, like the horse back ridding accidents.
Gone With The Wind was produced in 1939, and I think that for a movie that was made seventy years ago, the actors are pretty amazing. There is no really extraordinary scenes. We also should remember that Gone With The Wind won ten Academy Awards (8 regular, 1 honorary, 1 technical)
My rating scale:
*The movie was really bad
**The movie was bad
***The movie was ok
****The movie was good
*****The movie was really good
sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031381/quotes
http://www.wikepedia.com/
Scarlett:"Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war; this war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream. Besides... there isn't going to be any war. "
No comments:
Post a Comment